I Tested Google Analytics on My Blogger Website: Here’s What I Discovered

I Tested Google Analytics on My Blogger Website: Here’s What I Discovered

Most articles about Google Analytics explain what it is, how to install it, and what different reports mean.

But I wanted to see something more practical:

What actually happens when Google Analytics is connected to a real Blogger website?

So, I decided to test it on my own Blogger website.

I connected Google Analytics 4 and then monitored the website during my test. Instead of only reading about Analytics reports, I opened my website, visited pages, checked the Realtime report, and compared my actual website activity with what appeared in Google Analytics.

I also captured screenshots during the testing process so I could record what I actually observed.

Note: The results in this article are based on my own Blogger website and my own testing. Results may be different on other websites depending on visitors, devices, browsers, traffic sources, and other factors.


My Blogger Website and Google Analytics Setup

For this experiment, I used my own Blogger website and connected it with Google Analytics 4.

After setting up Google Analytics, I opened the Analytics dashboard and went to the Realtime report.

The purpose of this test was simple. I wanted to check whether activity on my Blogger website was appearing in Google Analytics.

Once the setup was working, I started recording my observations.


My First Realtime Test

For my first test, I opened my Blogger website and then checked the Realtime report in Google Analytics.

This was the first point where I could see whether my website activity was being received by Analytics.

During my first Realtime test, Google Analytics showed:

  • 2 active users in the last 30 minutes
  • 3 views
  • The report was showing activity for my website
  • At the time I checked, there were no active users in the previous 5 minutes

I captured the Realtime report while performing this test.

Google Analytics Realtime report showing 2 active users and 3 views

What I noticed

This was useful because I was not looking at a sample website or a demonstration account. I was checking the data from my own Blogger website.

The screenshot also gave me a record of what the Analytics dashboard was showing at that particular time.


Checking My Article in Google Analytics

After the first Realtime test, I wanted to check what happened when I opened a specific article on my website.

I opened my article and then checked the Analytics report again.

I was able to see the page activity in Google Analytics.

During my testing, the number of views changed as I continued checking the website.

For example, I recorded the page activity increasing during my observations.

My Blog Website Realtime test

This was one of the most useful parts of the experiment because I could connect an actual page on my Blogger website with the information appearing inside Google Analytics.


Watching the Page Views Change

I continued checking the Analytics report after the initial test.

During my observations, the page views increased from the earlier number to higher numbers.

For example, my screenshots showed the page reaching:

4 views → 6 views → 8 views

These were not numbers taken from another website. They were observations from my own Google Analytics report while I was testing my Blogger website.

Google Analytics Pages and screens report showing 4 views

Google Analytics Pages and screens report showing 6 views

Google Analytics Pages and screens report showing 8 views


Why I recorded these screenshots

I wanted to keep a visual record instead of simply writing that the number increased.

The screenshots allowed me to compare what Google Analytics showed at different points during the experiment.


Testing From a Mobile Phone

I also checked my Blogger article from a mobile phone during the experiment.

After opening the article on my phone, I returned to Google Analytics and checked the Realtime/page activity.

The article was appearing in the Analytics data.

Blogger article opened on mobile during Google Analytics test

This was useful because it showed me that I could monitor activity while accessing my website from a different device.


What I Learned From My Google Analytics Experiment

The biggest difference between reading about Google Analytics and actually using it was seeing the data from my own website.

Before the experiment, terms such as active users, views, Realtime, and Pages and screens were mostly things I had read about.

After connecting Analytics and testing my own website, I could see how these reports related to actual activity.

For example, I could open my article and then check Analytics to see whether the page activity appeared in the report.

I also learned that the numbers shown in Analytics can change as new activity is recorded.


My Actual Observations

During my testing, I observed the following:

TestWhat I Observed
First Realtime test2 active users in the last 30 minutes
Initial page activity3 views
Later observation4 views
Next observation6 views
Later observation8 views
Mobile testArticle activity appeared in Analytics


These observations are from my own testing, so I am not presenting them as universal results for every Blogger website.


What This Experiment Taught Me

The main thing I learned is that Google Analytics is easier to understand when you connect the reports to real activity.

Instead of only reading definitions, I could perform an action on my own website and then look at the Analytics report.

That made the reports much easier to understand.

I also learned that taking screenshots during testing is useful because Analytics data can change over time. A screenshot gives me a record of what I saw at a specific point during the experiment.


Final Thoughts

This experiment gave me a much better understanding of Google Analytics than simply reading about its features.

I started with a simple question:

What happens when I connect Google Analytics to my Blogger website and actually monitor the activity?

Then I tested it myself and recorded what appeared in the reports.

The results shown in this article are based on my own website, my own testing, and the screenshots I captured during the experiment.

I will continue monitoring my website as it grows and may update this article with new observations.

Comments